an old dog learning new tricks

Please take a moment to introduce yourself!
kdc914

an old dog learning new tricks

Post by kdc914 »

A few of you know me from the FB group and from the 2020 Fall SMALL event. For those who don't, here's a little background.
I got my love for aviation honestly: my father was a Naval Aviator who flew Curtiss Helldivers off the deck of the USS Franklin D. Roosevelt. My childhood best friend and I flew Cox .049 powered control line planes through most of the 1970s. In the mid 1980's, my older brother introduced me to RC and I've been hooked ever since. In the mid 1990's when my son was born, I had to give up expensive hobbies. Now that he's grown and making his own way, (and thanks to a supportive wife who has always endorsed my hobby time) my disposable income is mine again. Three years ago I was able to get back into RC, but all the changes that had taken place in 20+ years were a bit overwhelming at first - computerized radios capable of multiple models, lithium batteries making electric flight practical, and of course the myriad forms of foam to build with. I assumed my balsa building days were behind me. My brother passed away a few years ago and I wasn't sure I would be able to build AND cover a balsa kit without his guidance. I am thankful to have been proven wrong about that. I'm now on my 5th WN build and planning for more.
If you can, join us at the SMALL event just outside Little Rock, AR in June!
BTW, I use the same "handle" kdc914 on RCGroups as well so you might run across me there as well as here and on Facebook.
WillyNillies.com
Site Admin

Re: an old dog learning new tricks

Post by WillyNillies.com »

Welcome to the fun Kevin!

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com