the Sky Falcon Jr. Tiger 250

kdc914

the Sky Falcon Jr. Tiger 250

Post by kdc914 »

This will be my first scratch build without any sort of plans, instructions, or coaching so please be gentle. ;)
My plan is to build a biplane with two complete WN wings - one from a Jr. Falcon 250 and one from a Sky Tiger 250. This thread will chronicle my progress and any success/failure.

Our story so far...
My first WN Sky Tiger had an unfortunately timed receiver glitch or ESC dropout at low altitude. The resulting crash destroyed the nose but left the wing unharmed. Since I had another kit, I decided to walk away from that one and start over but, kept the wing in case I needed it.
My WN Jr. Falcon has always been a little wonky in the electronics. When it flies, it flies well BUT I keep getting drop outs. After replacing everything but the wing servos, it still kept happening - VERY frustrating. Each time it crashed, it did a bit more damage to the nose but, like the Sky Tiger, didn't hurt the wing. I finally got tired of repairing it (and cussing at it) and decided to semi-retire it. And so, that's how I wound up with two mostly identical wings to start my Wing Contest entry. The only difference between them is the Falcon wing has some dihedral and the Tiger wing does not.
kdc914

Re: the Sky Falcon Jr. Tiger 250

Post by kdc914 »

Well, after reviewing requirements for wing spacing and how that would affect fuselage shape, etc, I have decided to shelve this project for another time.
kdc914

Re: the Sky Falcon Jr. Tiger 250

Post by kdc914 »

Wildfire

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1756. This is exactly what I had in mine for the Sky Tiger and Falcon wings - except that the Wildfire's lower wing is both shorter AND has less chord than the upper.