"Coming Soon" list

Please post any constructive suggestions you may have on how to improve our products and our website!
kdc914

"Coming Soon" list

Post by kdc914 »

What I would like to see:
For y'all to publish at least the first half dozen or so planes/designs on "the list," ideally in the order you currently plan to create them, so that anyone waiting on a particular airframe (or three) could get a general idea where they stand and therefore some vague idea regarding time frame? I realize any number of factors could affect/change the order in which they are actually produced but SOME idea is better than NO idea when certain models will appear. I also realize y'all like to surprise us with some of the kits so anything you are willing to tell us would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all y'all do.
WillyNillies.com
Site Admin

Re: "Coming Soon" list

Post by WillyNillies.com »

Hi Kevin!

We will consider this. However, there are ALOT of variables that come into play on each kit and posting which one is next before it's ready puts pressure on us that we don't want or need. We learned that lesson with the Mustang.

From time to time, we will post polls for which kits you would like to see next, but at this point we can't guarantee any kind of time line/deadline on new kits. Our first priority is supporting existing kits and then with what time we have left we develop new ones.

We hope this all makes sense.

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com
Michael763

Post by Michael763 »

It is totally understandable to not want to cause yourself a wave of anticipatory noise or pressure. Also, knowing that corporate opsec is important to any business, after all you must ensure that your competitors can’t scoop you is also a consideration. I know for myself, I am innocently interested in just knowing what is on your radar/wishlist of possible development ideas, yet I am also aware of the concept of “loose lips sink ships.”
Happy flying and developing.
Enjoy a blessed day and happy flying, building, developing, tinkering.
Michael763
kdc914

Post by kdc914 »

Doug and Becky,
Fair enough. I fully realize that priorities change due to any of a hundred different reasons. I ask merely because when y'all say something is coming "soon", this customer's mind sets certain expectations based upon what may or may not be a flawed understanding of "soon." As amply demonstrated by my own examples, some of us whose cash is burning holes in our pockets are an impatient and occasionally impertinent bunch. ;-) ANY insight you can provide on the "coming soon" front is welcome, along with FULL understanding that "s*** happens" and stuff changes. Any insight you can provide on WHY something may move up or down the priority list would go a long way to assuage our angst. For example, the recent revelation that the apparently very popular and much asked for "much-warmer-than-average" airframe faced engineering problems of balancing the expected performance envelope against "250g or less" spec weight. As another poster in this thread mentioned, I fully understand and accept you must keep certain trade and company secrets. It would, however, be decidedly wonderful if you could throw us the tinyest of tidbits in this regard from time to time. Thank you for all y'all do - often under difficult circumstances.